November 18, 2007

you give me miles and miles of mountains...

So, I'm really not too excited. My face is the most swollen today, and it hurts the most. I haven't taken any painkillers in hours but I don't really want to take any more of them... I don't like how they make me feel, I hate being dizzy...
Michael and I got in a little argument that really wasn't that serious, but I didn't feel good already anyway so I told him I was getting off the computer and I got into bed..

And then my mother came in and handed me a letter from the District Attorney's office.

I've been subpoenaed.

Michael came over and was a comfort for almost all the afternoon, and I'm so thankful for that... When he's around, I can get my head straight. Alone, I'm really not strong enough to face it... It takes me days to cope with it if I'm alone...


I honestly don't want to go to the trial, I wish I had never been in that armed robbery, nobody wants to be in an armed robbery... But now the state wants me to go and testify. I'm scared that I'll freak out and cry in the middle of it all... I'm scared that I won't know what to say, or that I'll do something wrong... I want these guys to go to jail- they don't need to be on the streets... But it's scary...

Making sure they get to jail is on the shoulders of their victims, including myself, now.


I don't want this responsibility. Thank you, Michael, for helping me accept it, and helping me grow stronger with it.

No comments: